Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 3.


Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.

I had a hard time deciding whether this meant the cast of my favorite show I've been in, or favorite show on TV. So, to spare you a story about Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 2004, I chose the cast of my favorite TV show.


If you don't know what show this is by now, you have two choices. Watch it when it comes back on later this month, or click that little 'x' in the upper corner of your browser window. ...wait! Just kidding! Don't go!

My husband will tell you I love this show because I have a love affair with David Boreanaz. Don't believe him! It's actually because I LOVE crime dramas. This one has a special place in my heart because it helped me through the end of my pregnancy. You see, I used to enjoy watching Law and Order: SVU. That was good and great until those hormones kicked up and I started having nightmares. The bonus with Bones is that it's not nearly as gory and violent as the others. (SVU, CSI, etc.) Here's why.

Dr. Temperance Brennan is a forensic Anthropologist, and Special Agent Seely Booth (an FBI agent) team up to identify victims based on remains that have (typically) no flesh. Dr. Brennan has a team of what Booth calls Squints (People who squint when they look at things. Geniuses.) who have their own specialties. Reconstructing facial structures, identifying fibers and sediments, plant particles, etc.

It also has one of those awesome love stories running through it...kind of. It reminds me of Ross and Rachel in Friends. It's kind of that good. Booth and Brennan are totally meant to be together, but halfway through season 6, it's still not happening. The anticipation is making me crazy, but I guarantee it'll keep me coming back for more!

(And seasons 1-5 are available on Netflix should you want to catch up.)



2 comments:

Terri Whisenhunt said...

Love, love, LOVE Bones! I actually started watching because I love reading Kathy Reichs' books-Tempe is actually her main character.

Adrienne said...

Oh no! I didn't know about the books...Christopher rolled his eyes, I think he knows if I have Tempe in book form, he'll never see me again!